Liberty's Light

A Christian forum dedicated to the discussion of how a nation based entirely off of biblical principles ought to be like. We believe that Righteousness Exalteth a Nation, and that God's righteous hand is necessary for the blessing of any nation.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Unity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 09/01/2009

PostSubject: Unity   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:46 am

Greetings,

I am interested in possibly starting a forum and a movement that is all about church unity. And I need some help accomplishing this. If you would like to help please let me know how you would like to help. I will list below what I need and how you can help.

• I need someone who can help setting up the forum.

• I need pretty much everyone to help me do a bible study about the matter and to give verses and have a discussion about what does the bible have to say about unity.

• I need help coming up with a name.

• I need help with people who will be willing to help lead this project. (There isn't much to do now, however, later there will be a lot possibly. And those who help lead will be like a "senate" and we will discuss what we should do next etc.)

• I need ideas for how to go forward with this.

• Any comments of any nature (except useless comments. Wink) about the whole idea.

I know most of you and I know that you are all very mature and wise so I know that you would all be of great help towards this. If you have any questions or would like me to clarify something, please pm me or post. If I think of more questions or positions I'll post those as well. Thanks guys!

In Christ,
Peter G.

Jordan Wright

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 22/12/2009

PostSubject: Re: Unity   Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 pm

I've had similar thoughts! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Would this forum focus on unity around Christ, unity in Doctrine, or what?

I'd certainly be willing to help lead (and name) the forum, and the Bible Study would be a good thing to have anyway.

For moving forward, the first steps are to share you vision (what you just did) and gather a team (what you're doing now). Once you have a team that shares your vision, we can talk about how to go about the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Unity   Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Jordan Wright wrote:
I've had similar thoughts! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Would this forum focus on unity around Christ, unity in Doctrine, or what?

I'd certainly be willing to help lead (and name) the forum, and the Bible Study would be a good thing to have anyway.

For moving forward, the first steps are to share you vision (what you just did) and gather a team (what you're doing now). Once you have a team that shares your vision, we can talk about how to go about the process.

Hahaha. People are not normally never truely the only one with crazy ideas. Wink

Anyways, Unity in Christ. I am not expecting people to have a unity in doctrine. That will be almost impossible, and the number of people who would actually join will be few. Think about it. If you were told you were wrong on point A, point B, point C, etc. then would you like to join that person with a unity of doctrine? And also, that will be dangerous to say that some interpertation is ABSOLUTLY right. There are some fundamentals that are always going to be true, but the bible is complex and can have several interpertations. That is why I am staying away from unity of doctrine.

Okay, Thank you Jordan. Very Happy As we get more people (hopefully) we'll start working more on the details.

In Christ,
Peter G.

Jordan Wright

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 22/12/2009

PostSubject: Re: Unity   Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:06 pm

So, the purpose is to foster unity in Christ. Does that mean churches and church leaders would use the community as a vehicle for finding "sister" churches, establishing missions teams, and generally aiding each other?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Unity   Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Jordan Wright wrote:
So, the purpose is to foster unity in Christ. Does that mean churches and church leaders would use the community as a vehicle for finding "sister" churches, establishing missions teams, and generally aiding each other?

Jordan,

Actually, that is not quite what I had in mind. The main core that I was thinking was just to get people of different beliefs within Christianity to actually get along. Because I have noticed that when people disagree on even some of the smallest of things, especially in christianity, they can't be friends or won't really listen to what the other person has to say. I'm glad to say that the people on here can put aside their differences and act like a community. But not everyone can live like that. Besides, how do you think Evolutionists are being so effective against christians? They like to point out that we can't even agree and that we are wrong as well. So they just feed on our disunity. Just like the quote, "divided we fall, united we stand". If Christians can't even agree or work together outside of their churches, then we are not living like a body, a body that God established in the bible. Just as we are apart of the church's body, the church is apart of God's "body". And if we bicker and fight, we will not be able to function as a body, therefore, not do what God has established for the churches to do. Does that make sense? Or am I missing something?

In Christ,
Peter G.

Dr. HipopĆ³tamo
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 11/02/2009

PostSubject: Re: Unity   Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:37 pm

I think that the mission of the forum you're trying to start is good and much needed.

1 Corinthians 1:10 (King James Version)

10Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Christians need to stop pridefully condemning others who disagree with them (have you ever heard the song "Down in Flames" by Relient K? It gives a pretty good description of this).

However, there is a place for disagreement and even confrontation within the church if it is done correctly.

Galatians 2:11 (King James Version)

11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Proverbs 9:8 (King James Version)

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

One interesting discussion you could have on the forum would be, "When is confrontation necessary, and how should it be done?"

Keep up the good work.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6: 12)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unity   Today at 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Unity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberty's Light :: Interaction :: Felicitations-
Jump to: