Liberty's Light

A Christian forum dedicated to the discussion of how a nation based entirely off of biblical principles ought to be like. We believe that Righteousness Exalteth a Nation, and that God's righteous hand is necessary for the blessing of any nation.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Thesis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 07/01/2009

PostSubject: The Thesis   Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:30 am

Greetings,

No... it isn't done yet. And I am realizing that it won't be if we don't do this differently.

We are going to change the way we are going about these Bible studies. Before, we had one or two people study out their views, write them out, present them, and then everyone debates them. Now, we are going to merge all of these steps into one step.

We are going to all work together on a topical Bible study.

We need to figure out where and when God instituted government (we know He did from Romans 13 and elsewhere). We know that Israel's system was a government approved by God (He made it for that matter), but was it the first? We need to look for any hints of God approving governments, or approving government itself, or instituting government before Israel. If there are none, we shall need to assume that Israel was the first God-sanctioned government, and we need to start from there to determine God's desire for the nature and structure of government.

So what we need to do now is begin to post passages that might have a bearing on this search (whether direct records pre-Israel or mentions of past events written after Israel), and we can discuss what each adds to the thesis.

If you have any questions let me know!

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://siremethmimetes.wordpress.com
Dr. HipopĆ³tamo
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 11/02/2009

PostSubject: Re: The Thesis   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Sounds like a good plan.

Here are a few passages from Genesis that we could consider with regards to your first question.

From Genesis 9:
5And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

7And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

From Genesis 14:
18And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

From Genesis 41:
28This is the thing which I have spoken unto Pharaoh: What God is about to do he sheweth unto Pharaoh.

29Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt:

30And there shall arise after them seven years of famine; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt; and the famine shall consume the land;

31And the plenty shall not be known in the land by reason of that famine following; for it shall be very grievous.

32And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

33Now therefore let Pharaoh look out a man discreet and wise, and set him over the land of Egypt.

34Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, and take up the fifth part of the land of Egypt in the seven plenteous years.

35And let them gather all the food of those good years that come, and lay up corn under the hand of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities.

36And that food shall be for store to the land against the seven years of famine, which shall be in the land of Egypt; that the land perish not through the famine.

37And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his servants.

38And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?

39And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:

40Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

41And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6: 12)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 07/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: The Thesis   Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:44 am

Hey there Dr. H!

I have more, and you brought several to the table, but I would like to go through each one and discuss how they apply and what they bring to the table. So, I will be using the Catalyst format. Smile

What can we bring from Joseph's example to NT Biblical government? What was different about his situation and ours? What all exactly did he really do, and were they technically civil magistrate type actions?

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://siremethmimetes.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thesis   

Back to top Go down

The Thesis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberty's Light :: Biblical Government :: Adjust-
Jump to: