Number of posts : 18
Age : 25
Location : Kansas City Missouri
Registration date : 14/01/2009
|Subject: Women in Government Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:01 pm|| |
Although not many of us on this forum are girls (as of yet) it may still be beneficial to discuss the place of women in government. The role of women in society has long been a debated issue. Today, the ideals of the feminist movement seem right and glamorous. However, we must look beyond the surface meaning. Did God really intend for women to have the same function as men? Does God call women to exhibit biblical principles and positions rather than follow the modern day feminist movement? In today's society, there are a lot of mixed messages as to what the true position of a woman is. Women are no longer proud to be homemakers; they feel that they must have a degree and a job of equal status with men. In light of this feminist movement, we must ponder and discern what the real role of women in society, and whether or not women should be involved in the government/leadership positions of a country.
- Do you think that women belong in the government? Why or why not?
- Do you think that women should be equal with men as feminists say they should?
- What does the Bible say about the place of women?
- Does the Bible give room for women to be in government?
- Any other thoughts or comments?