Liberty's Light

A Christian forum dedicated to the discussion of how a nation based entirely off of biblical principles ought to be like. We believe that Righteousness Exalteth a Nation, and that God's righteous hand is necessary for the blessing of any nation.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Is There Not a Cause?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 07/01/2009

PostSubject: Is There Not a Cause?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:16 am

Why should we even care about the Bible's view of government's responsibilities? Why should we care how it limits it? Why should we care what it requires of it? Why should we care that no nation on earth today obeys it? Why should we care at all about government?

If you have a true desire in your heart to serve God and obey His commands, you would not ask those questions without a sincere desire to find the answers. Those questions are asked in a rhetorical way only by those who deliberately blind themselves to God's nature; by those who refuse to give God the honor and glory due to Him as the Master and Creator of the universe and everything in it; and by those who refuse to bow their lives to His Will and Way.

Those of us who desire to devote all areas of life to the rule of the Lord of Hosts say that nations and governments are to be held accountable in their actions to the Word of God. We decry the deplorable state of the world's governments, and we do not balk at speaking out against their tyrannies. We seek to bring glory to God again in governments.

But people say that that is impossible; that reform of the nations is ridiculous; that we would waste our time and energy speaking out. We do not listen.

When David saw the blasphemies of Goliath and announced his intention to fight him, he was confronted with incredulity and assertions that it was impossible. His response echoes through time. Instead of defending the “possibility” of his intention, for he knew that it was impossible, he cried out “Is there not a cause?” That was what his focus was on: for he knew that if there was a cause, there was a way in the Lord of Hosts.

And now, looking at the state of the world today, I say, “Is there not a cause?” And there is a cause. When the light of liberty is dying, and those who profess to be of the bride of Christ are aiding and abetting its death by its silence, I say there is a cause.

When the lies that say that the Word of God is unable to touch the very institutions that God founded, church, family, and government holds the main sway of influence in the world, I say there is a cause.

When those who profess to be God's children refuse to obey the clear commands of Scripture and stand on the inerrant nature and trustworthiness of the Word of God from its very first verse to its last in every area of life, including government, and thereby blaspheme the name of God, I say that there is a cause for us to rise up and give glory to God again.

If we strive to make it known that God did institute government, and that He does have a plan for how it ought to work: that nations ought to be based utterly on the fact that government is an institution of God and not of men; that they must be free of modern sophistry and devilish philosophies; that they must do exactly what God made it to do and nothing else, then the glory of God will shine around the world and into the marches of unborn generations. Is it anything less than our duty to stand for the preservation and protection of the liberty that God loves and died for? The light of liberty must shine again!

I have discovered that cause of political liberty is the same as the cause of righteous liberty, and I have realized that my lifelong dream of starting a nation was actually included within the promise that I have made to God to defend liberty: and it was no idle promise.

God has commanded us to be righteous, and I see no nation in this world that does not greatly choke out the liberty of God's servants to do so. America used to be a nation that defended God's liberty with blood and toil on its own and other nation's soils; but it is no longer, and comfort and apathy have killed the well of its own liberty.

Modern governments are a mockery of what God intended them to be, and I believe that it is the time to try changing that, or die trying (seriously: Christ Himself died to bring us liberty, how can we say that it is not a worthy cause to die for?). Even if I and the people who will help me don't succeed, the effort, if it is a valiant one, will echo through the future and around the world to the glory of God. No matter what progress we make, if we stay on target, the world will be changed for the better.

If every generation had fought for the cause of liberty as if they were starting a nation strictly based off of biblical principles, America would not be in the mess it is today. But the battle is the Lord's, not ours, and so we can work knowing that He is on our side.

I believe that a righteous banding together of believers of one mind who truly desire the furtherance of liberty, and thereby the gospel, is the only thing that will be able to further this cause. The only way that any form of government can function efficiently is for the people to be righteous.

And so collaboration and banding together of biblically minded men and women of God is the most crucial aspect of any effort to defend liberty. Hence this blog and the sister forum: very small, weak things, but which I hope will spark greater things.

Do we have the faith to stand against the world's expectations? Where do you stand?

With joy and peace in Christ,
Jay Lauser

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.

Last edited by Sir Emeth Mimetes on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://siremethmimetes.wordpress.com
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is There Not a Cause?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 am

Greetings,

This is the first thread dedicated to the crafting of a blog post. so I will clarify what we will do.

Edit.

If you notice typos, unclear statements, grammatical errors, things that you disagree with, etc., point them out. This article will be posted by Sir Emeth Mimetes, but we will all work on it. This is a basic intro post for the blog. I want most of us to make one of these from them particularly. Any questions are welcome that are related to editing this article.

Jay Lauser

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
Back to top Go down
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is There Not a Cause?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:31 am

Greetings,

I have edited my article slightly after much re-reading and consideration of a few trusted editors. I think that it is ready to be posted on the blog, if all agree.

Jay Lauser

Back to top Go down
caleb

Male Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 14/03/2009

PostSubject: Re: Is There Not a Cause?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:29 am

Go for it.
-Caleb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is There Not a Cause?   Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 am

I posted it, here it is.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is There Not a Cause?   Today at 4:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Is There Not a Cause?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberty's Light :: Archives :: Act archives-
Jump to: