Liberty's Light

A Christian forum dedicated to the discussion of how a nation based entirely off of biblical principles ought to be like. We believe that Righteousness Exalteth a Nation, and that God's righteous hand is necessary for the blessing of any nation.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Schools and Government?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
caleb

Male Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 14/03/2009

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:14 pm

I didn't think about that alternative. Agreed to the latest proposed conclusion.

-Caleb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 09/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 pm

I agree, though I'm wondering how would we classify criminals for this specific instance? Because wouldn't cheating on a test per se be classified as wrong, and the person labeled a criminal? Therefore the government could get involved. What about that? (Just wondering, not being the devil's advocate, yet... Wink)

In Christ,
Peter G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 07/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 am

Peter G. wrote:
I agree, though I'm wondering how would we classify criminals for this specific instance? Because wouldn't cheating on a test per se be classified as wrong, and the person labeled a criminal? Therefore the government could get involved. What about that? (Just wondering, not being the devil's advocate, yet... Wink)

In Christ,
Peter G.

A criminal is someone who has been proven to have committed a crime. Cheating on a test is wrong, but it is not a crime by any means.

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://siremethmimetes.wordpress.com
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:42 am

Because it didn't infringe on someone's life, liberty, or property correct? Well, then I agree. Completely. Very Happy

In Christ,
Peter G.

P.S. On a side note, I forsee a problem in our government's future, and that will be the people's interpertation of our laws that we set up. Its true that we are pretty specific, just not to the point that we are listing things within our definitions. And people will always try and go around the rules, causing havoc and pandemonium in the interpertation of the law that we set up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:17 am

Peter G. wrote:
On a side note, I forsee a problem in our government's future, and that will be the people's interpertation of our laws that we set up. Its true that we are pretty specific, just not to the point that we are listing things within our definitions. And people will always try and go around the rules, causing havoc and pandemonium in the interpertation of the law that we set up.

Exactly: an unrighteous people will always create a tyrannical government no matter what we do. Period. But we do what we can to follow what we can do right anyways.

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
Back to top Go down
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 am

Yep. And I think that is basically what happened to America correct?

Oh, and last night was really interesting to me. At like 1:00 A.M., or 1:15 A.M., I decided to look at my Bible and opened to Proverbs 28 and 29. These verses talk alot about Law and such. You guys should really check it out.

In Christ,
Peter G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. HipopĆ³tamo
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 11/02/2009

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:39 pm

What about this situation (a lot can happen in 200 years.)?

Cheating on a test becomes considered a crime because it gives the student an unfair advantage over other students, especially if the test is curve-graded. Thus, the government begins to get a lever on education. Now, because there is no way to prove that tests are correctly administered, students have to take their tests in a public area, under supervision of the government. But of course, you have to make sure they're all being taught correctly, so that they have equal chances of getting good grades. So, we now have public schools.

The government is not to be involved in any way with education or schooling except to the extent that it is involved in every area of life, namely, to punish crime, and the government may educate future or current government workers.

I added that second sentence as an afterthought, because I don't see any place in scripture that says that government workers can't have training that's payed for by taxes. It isn't unusual for a company to use company funds to train their employees; why should government be different? Am I right, or is there a difference?

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6: 12)

Last edited by Dr. HipopĆ³tamo on Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:14 pm

And also, on a side note that still applies to this thread, is the fact that schools give out tests, and grades are completely subjective. Its all up to the teacher, and the test is either made, or editied by the teacher, therefore, not one class on the same subject is the same. Plus, you can be stuck up to the teacher (in a good way, like almost being a teachers pet) because that would actually help you get better grades. (A college professor has written about this in a book called, "What Smart Students Know") So really public schools might be cheaper, but the education is completely at the mercy of the teachers.

In Christ,
Peter G.

P.S. I think this is still topical...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
caleb

Male Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 14/03/2009

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 am

You both are discussing fairness in schooling. Being fair or unfair in this situation doesn't threaten or take away anyone's life, liberty, or property. It may not be right, but it still isn't in the government's jurisdiction. As far as your second sentence Dr., this won't be needed because training future or current government workers is not considered schooling or education as we are discussing them. Any company, corporation, or institution (like the government) is going to need to do some sort of training so that employees know do their job. We're discussing the process of schooling seen in "preschool" through college. Any training needed for a specific job can be provided or funded by the employer of that job. So, I still think our last conclusion is best:

The government is not to be involved in any way with education or schooling except to punish criminals.

To God be the glory,
-Caleb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 am

I concur with Caleb on this one.

Back to top Go down
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:54 am

I too concur.

In Christ,
Peter G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah Marie

Female Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 15/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Agreed. Smile

If you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding; and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:1-5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Greetings,

I would just like to point out that we are basically saying that there will be, "A separation of Education and State". I think that basically sums up the conclusion very nicely and is very cliche as well. Wink

In Christ,
Peter G.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schools and Government?   

Back to top Go down

Schools and Government?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberty's Light :: Biblical Government :: Discussions-
Jump to: