Liberty's Light

A Christian forum dedicated to the discussion of how a nation based entirely off of biblical principles ought to be like. We believe that Righteousness Exalteth a Nation, and that God's righteous hand is necessary for the blessing of any nation.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Death Research Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 07/01/2009

PostSubject: Death Research Project   Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 am

Greetings,

In the course of the discussion on the definition of life, we decided to delegate a research committee to the task of determining when a person can be considered dead by the civil law. This team will be based on both this forum and on Von's blog. Von will be leading it. He has the expertise to help guide us to a conclusion.

Since this is our first research endeavor, I want to explain myself here a little.

There will be a stage of planning in which the members will figure out exactly what and how they will do the research, and how they will organize themselves over at Von's blog.

Then there will be the acting period, where the team will do research and discussion to come to a conclusion.

When finished, they will write a report expounding their conclusions and present it here.

During the first stage new members to the team will be accepted. I will try and start a thread in the Bulletin board over in the Rebelution forum to see if there is anybody that wants to help that can. Any suggestions or questions on this process are welcome: feel free to post them on here.

With joy and peace in Christ,
Jay Lauser

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://siremethmimetes.wordpress.com
von

Male Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 16/02/2009

PostSubject: Re: Death Research Project   Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Sir Emeth Mimetes wrote:
Greetings,

In the course of the discussion on the definition of life, we decided to delegate a research committee to the task of determining when a person can be considered dead by the civil law. This team will be based on both this forum and on Von's blog. Von will be leading it. He has the expertise to help guide us to a conclusion.

Since this is our first research endeavor, I want to explain myself here a little.

There will be a stage of planning in which the members will figure out exactly what and how they will do the research, and how they will organize themselves over at Von's blog.

Then there will be the acting period, where the team will do research and discussion to come to a conclusion.

When finished, they will write a report expounding their conclusions and present it here.

During the first stage new members to the team will be accepted. I will try and start a thread in the Bulletin board over in the Rebelution forum to see if there is anybody that wants to help that can. Any suggestions or questions on this process are welcome: feel free to post them on here.

With joy and peace in Christ,
Jay Lauser

Having asked me to head up this team, I will propose some rules:

1) I will not be giving my own opinion until toward the end.
2) I will expect everyone to abide by the rules of my blog as well as the general rules of Christian civility.
3) I will expect all posts to proceed from the assumption that Scripture is inerrant, inspired, sufficient, and clear.
4) I propose that the posts move through three stages:
a) Greenlighting: Only positive posts, no interacting with others posts
b) Confirmation: After I announce that greenlighting is done, then one may agree or disagree with others.
c) Conclusion: I will write a final report; to which I will attach any minority reports and submit them together back to this board.

In Him,
Vaughn Ohlman EMT, LVN, BA, ACLS, PALS, BLS

PS. You may comment directly to my blog at:

http://vonstakes.blogspot.com/2009/03/when-does-life-end.html

For those who cannot do so for technical or moral reasons, please feel free to PM me with your post and I will post it for you. Pseudonyms may be used, and no personal information will be posted (by me).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vonstakes.blogspot.com
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 09/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Death Research Project   Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Just to clear this up at least for me if not others. You are talking about the definition of life period? or the definition of life as in a mothers womb?

In Christ,
Peter G.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah Marie

Female Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 15/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Death Research Project   Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:55 pm

Peter,

When Jay says 'the definition of life,' he is referring to the thread in the Definitions achieves titled What is Life?. Here is the conclusion we came to on that thread:

Quote :
Conclusion:

We have concluded that:

1) Life begins at conception.

2) Human life (as separate from animal life) is valuable because God made it so and said it is.

3) Conception is the point of fertilization of the egg by the sperm.

Whether or not capital punishment is right was referred to a new thread. When life ends was referred to a research committee.

What is left of this discussion can be moved to the archives if all is in favor.

However, in this specific project, we are not exactly talking about either. If you read the thread pertaining to the definition of life, we had a slight disagreement as to when we can call a person officially dead. This research committee has been dedicated to investigating Biblical and Medical research to come to a conclusion to when the person can be considered dead.

If this does not answer the question you were asking, please let me know. Smile

Blessings,
Hannah

If you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding; and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:1-5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter G.
Honor roll member
Honor roll member

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 09/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Death Research Project   Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 pm

That answered my question. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content