Liberty's Light

A Christian forum dedicated to the discussion of how a nation based entirely off of biblical principles ought to be like. We believe that Righteousness Exalteth a Nation, and that God's righteous hand is necessary for the blessing of any nation.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Writing contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 07/01/2009

PostSubject: Writing contest   Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:33 am

Greetings,

We need an about page for the blog. It needs to accurately describe out goal, mission, starting points (assumptions), what our standards are as far as conduct and etc., as well as be concise, easy to read, enjoyable, and over-all well-written. Post your entries as responses to this thread, and the Honor Roll Members will decide which one wins. The other ones will also be considered for regular posting. Good writing!

With joy and peace in Christ,
Jay Lauser

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
note: emeth is Hebrew for truth, right, faithful;
mimetes is Greek for an imitator or follower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://siremethmimetes.wordpress.com
caleb

Male Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 14/03/2009

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Is there a time limit on this? The soonest I could send mine in would be Monday. Is that OK?

To God be the glory,
-Caleb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:46 am

Caleb,

There will not be a time limit as of yet. I will probably state when it will end later when there have been several entries.

I am eager to see what you all come up with!

By the way, there is no limit to the number of entries that you can make.

Jay Lauser

I am Sir Emeth Mimetes (knighted to the warfare of truth by the calling of Christ, the Master of my order), and thus, though poorly is it ever met by my feeble abilities, is my mission: to combat those ideas that are rooted in mindsets that are contrary to my Master.
May I never forsake abiding in Him, and may His ways never cease to thrive within my heart, for He only is my strength and hope.
Back to top Go down
caleb

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:38 pm

I started writing mine, and discovered that this will be much harder than I originally thought. It may take me a couple of days. By the way, how do you distinguish the difference between our "goals" and our "mission"? What information do you want in one that you don't want in the other? Or to state it yet another way, what kind of information should we put in "goals" and what should we put in "mission"? I have ideas for both of these, I just found some of them overlapping.

To God be the glory,
-Caleb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm

caleb wrote:
I started writing mine, and discovered that this will be much harder than I originally thought. It may take me a couple of days. By the way, how do you distinguish the difference between our "goals" and our "mission"? What information do you want in one that you don't want in the other? Or to state it yet another way, what kind of information should we put in "goals" and what should we put in "mission"? I have ideas for both of these, I just found some of them overlapping.

To God be the glory,
-Caleb

Caleb,

That is fine if you take a few days: all the better if it comes out better! Smile

As for the difference between our 'goal' and our 'mission,' I was thinking that our 'goal' is more concrete and observable, while our 'mission' is more spiritual and intellectual. Our heartfelt purpose and our concrete objectives so to speak. Does that make sense? Or was I being unnecessarily verbose?

Jay Lauser

Back to top Go down
caleb

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:22 am

Liberty’s Light Forum

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom He hath chosen for his own inheritance." (Psalms 33:12)
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34)
"But in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with Him." (Acts 10:35)

Can there be such a thing as a biblical nation? How is a biblically founded nation any better than other form of government? Is a biblical nation a realistic possibility? These are important questions for Christians around the world to ask as they look at the system of government they live under. The answers can be found here at Liberty’s Light Forum. Our forum is dedicated to the exploration of God’s Word and history in regards to biblical government and economics, the equipping of other Christians in these areas, and the transformation of countries from secular to biblical nations.

Our goal is three-fold.
1. Glorify God in all we do and in the way we do it.
2. Share with others what we have learned.
3. Reform our own government to become a biblical government or, if necessary, found our own biblical nation.

Our mission is simply:
To learn, equip, and apply what the Bible and history teach about biblical government. We want to know and live out what God has taught us, through Scripture, and to teach other Christians these things so that we can better impact the world for the glory of God. We consider a biblically run nation a possibility that is worth the effort and sacrifice needed to become a reality.

“The diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” -James Madison

“In times like the present, men should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and in eternity.” -Abraham Lincoln

These two quotes sum up what we are about. We want to determine truth about government from a biblical perspective so that we will be willingly “responsible through time and in eternity” for the things that we fight for in regards to government, liberty, and the founding of a nation. We want to diffuse this knowledge to the people to safeguard their liberty. 2 Timothy 2:15-16- "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness."

We have two fundamental assumptions at this forum.

First, the Bible is God’s infallible and sufficient source for truth and must be the foundation for all of our beliefs. 2 Timothy 3:16-17- "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Second, is the assumption that we can learn much from history that will help guide us in our actions in the future.

“History, in general, only informs us of what bad government is.” -Thomas Jefferson

“History repeats itself.” -Clarence Darrow

Here at Liberty’s Light Forum, we purpose to learn from the mistakes of bad government so as not to repeat them again. We measure all discussions up against the Bible first, and history second; determining the best course of action to take. Most people don’t realize how replete the Bible is with principles that govern every facet of our lives. We are here to dig up these truths and share them with others.

We welcome you to this forum and encourage you to dig into Scripture to find what it says about government. Please prayerfully consider joining and contributing to our forum.

To God be the glory,
-Caleb

Last edited by caleb on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hannah Marie

Female Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 15/01/2009

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:44 pm

"I have lived sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And, if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, sir, in the sacred writings, that ‘except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it…I firmly believe this; and I also believe, that, without his concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel;...” (Benjamin Franklin)

When did we forget these wise words of Franklin? When did we begin to depend on our own knowledge to govern the people of the world? When can we once again make these words ring true throughout the nations?

The time is now, the reality is now. It is time to create a government that fears the Lord, that honors the Lord, and that follows the Lord. It is time to create a Biblical Nation.

On Liberty’s Light Forum, we have dedicated our minds and hearts to discovering the truths within God’s Holy Word pertaining to biblical government and economics, to preparing Christians for combat in these areas, and to revolutionize nations across the world. We have dedicated our goals, mission, and ideals to the very truth of His Word.

Our Goals:

Our goals on this forum depend on each other and the Word of God. They lay out our path and our hopes for the future.

1. Be all that we can be in God and strive to glorify Him in all our ways.
a. “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31)

2. To spread the gospel and His teachings across the nations.
a. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…” (Matthew 28:19-20)

3. To create a government based and founded upon the absolute truth of His Word.
a. "Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in." (Isaiah 26:2)
b. "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." (Proverbs 14:34)

Our Mission:

Our goals depend on our mission. Only by achieving our mission may even hope to achieve our goals. We seek to be trained and prepared by God’s decrees and laws. We seek to not only to be aware but to prevent the mistakes made in history. We strive to allow God to teach us and others the Biblical Principles and values found in God’s word: “LORD, teach me the way of your laws; I shall observe them with care. Give me insight to observe your teaching, to keep it with all my heart.” (Psalm 119:33-34) We strive to gain knowledge from not only truth but also error: “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone but upon error also” (Carl Jung). We strive to make the goal of a Biblical Nation a reality.

Two fundamental assumptions:

Both our missions and our goals are determined and based off two principle ideas. Without them, our conclusions could not and would not be consistent or agreeable.

1. God’s Word is absolute truth and is the basis for our ideals.
a. “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” John 17:17

2. History and its mistakes are to be learned from. Mistakes can be prevented if only we learn them first.
a. "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." (GEORGE SANTAYANA)
b. "The past is always a rebuke to the present." (Robert Penn Warren)
c. "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." (MAYA ANGELOU)

On Liberty’s Light Forum, we seek to change the world’s view of government and of nations. We will base our beliefs and ideas on Biblical Principles first, then history. All conclusions will reflect the Holy Word. In the end, we stake the future and the nations’ future on God's Perfect Law.

"We have staked the whole future of civilization not upon the power of government -- far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." (James Madison)

We welcome you to Liberty’s Light Blog! We hope that you not only read our conclusions and thoughts but that you check the Scripture for yourself. Test your ideas and our ideas with the Word of God and discover the Truth for yourself. Please feel free to comment, question, and read the materials presented both on this blog and its corresponding forum, Liberty’s Light Forum. May your research and discoveries be blessed!

If you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding; and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:1-5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Emeth Mimetes
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:30 am

Greetings,

Hannah's entry has officially won, and is posted as the About page on the blog. Go check it out!

Jay Lauser

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing contest   

Back to top Go down

Writing contest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Liberty's Light :: Archives :: Act archives-
Jump to: